ITCS Catalyst and Mechanical Services are among the best. We provide clients with a complete, 'blind to blind' range of services for commissioning and maintaining reactors, advanced planning, specialized equipment, and personnel specifically trained for confined space entry and the handling of hazardous materials, tubular reactors, vessels, and columns, as well as Shutdown and Turnaround management.
The IPS Group's catalyst team specializes in project-oriented catalyst handling. Since catalyst change-outs are considered a critical path and downtime is lost revenue, The IPS Group provides advanced planning, specialized equipment, and personnel specifically trained for confined space entry and the handling of hazardous materials. We allow our customers to get back to production as quickly as possible with predictable and reliable results.
Each service is customized to solve a specific client problem. We plan and estimate the project, gaining a detailed understanding of the work scope and critical path. As part of quality planning, specific inspection and test plans are established, and detailed hazard analysis assessments are completed to maximize safety.
Due to the efficient approach of our integrated, multi-skilled teams, downtime is minimized; achieving significant savings for clients. After each project is completed, we conduct a thorough debriefing to identify further improvements, cost savings, and best practices.
The ITCS name stands for quality and technical expertise.
- Reactor Unloading - IPS has a range of options available for the unloading of reactors, vessels, and columns. The majority of our equipment is proprietary and we constantly review our equipment to incorporate best practice procedures and methods.
- Confined Space Entry (IDLH) - IPS has invested in best practice technology and processes when it comes to safety. Our equipment and technicians are world class, and we're proud to have such a strong commitment to safety in the company.
- Passivation - We continue to deliver premier industrial services in chemical cleaning and are recognized as a leader for specialized industrial services; working to the highest safety, environmental, and technical standards.
- Reactor Loading - By utilizing a specially trained workforce and purpose-built equipment, IPS can execute catalyst projects efficiently and safely, with minimal delays from fusing, minimal catalyst attrition, and excellent dust control systems.
- Debriefing - After each project is completed, we conduct a thorough debriefing with clients to identify further improvements, cost savings, and best practices.
- Catalyst Screening - IPS has designed a system that gently vibrates and/or air washes the catalyst. The equipment can separate 4 different material sizes in a single pass. Density grading is also available on special catalyst and materials.
- Mechanical Services - IPS personnel have the experience as well as all the hand tools, pneumatic tools, torqueing and tensioning equipment, flange spreaders and more to efficiently install blinds and remove flanges and manways prior to catalyst unloading. At the conclusion of catalyst loading activities, IPS removes all blinds and reinstalls flanges and manways.
- Specialized Mechanical and Field Services - In addition to the required mechanical works for catalyst removal and loading, a full range of specialized mechanical and field services can also be provided. Inspection, planning and design, installation, and commissioning of reactor systems are all completed with the latest equipment and to strict Quality Assurance standards.
- Repairs and Modifications - IPS works closely with a number of suppliers and fabricators to enable us to assist clients with any necessary repairs. This ensures that reactors are repaired onsite, as close as possible to design specifications. Our relationships with various screen fabricators ensure that virtually every type of reactor are correctly supplied or repaired.
- Catalyst Transport Containers - Through our association with various companies we can now assist clients with the supply of specialized bins or containers for the transport of catalyst to and from regeneration or disposal facilities. These bins or containers can hold up to 10 barrels of catalyst (70 cubic feet) and are UN 11A/Y approved. Designed and built for catalyst we can organize transport, scheduling, logistics support, and computerized bin tracking to meet any client needs.
- Catalyst Disposal by Reclamation - IPS can assist with catalyst disposal through relationships with a number of specialized companies. Depending on the catalyst, this service which can reduce disposal costs dramatically and in some cases return money to our client by the recovery of precious metals. All materials are handled in accordance with UN specifications and certified documentation is always supplied.
ITCS offers Safe and Simple Catalyst Sampling for Catalyst Conditions. There are a few reasons for catalyst sampling and analysis:
- Process Optimization – typically chloride on catalyst which allows optimization of the water/chloride balance in the unit
- Contaminant detection – contaminants such as carbon, sulfur, and metals can be detected and process or pretreatments changes can be initiated
- Catalyst Regeneration – parameters such as carbon, sulfur, surface area, and platinum distribution can indicate needs for regeneration and/or the effectiveness of catalyst regeneration procedures
- Trouble shooting
Key benefits of sampling catalyst condition are:
- Maximum process yields
- Long catalyst cycle lengths
- Minimum regeneration downtime
- Long ultimate catalyst life and low catalyst costs Catalyst Sampling
Catalyst projects offered
- Services in inert and toxic atmospheres, plus hot and hostile environments
- Catalyst loading of reactors and vessels using licensed Dense Loading processes
- Catalyst loading of tubular reactors using the UNIDENSE™ loading process
- Unloading and loading of catalyst under inert or normal atmospheres
- Dense phase loading of vertical and horizontal vessels, allowing for the transfer of catalyst directly from grade to reactor manway without the use of Cranes and Hoppers
- Catalyst screening, density grading, and oxidization
- Vacuum unloading with closed loop nitrogen re-circulation
- Catalyst transportation, storage, and containment (UN approved containers)
- Pre-commissioning of reactors and vessels
- Metals reclamation and disposal of materials
- Catalyst sampling and particle measurement
- Video inspection and assessment
- Shutdown planning, coordination, and execution