ITCS Catalyst and Mechanical Services are among the best. We provide clients with a complete, 'blind to blind' range of services for commissioning and maintaining reactors, advanced planning, specialized equipment, and personnel specifically trained for confined space entry and the handling of hazardous materials, tubular reactors, vessels, and columns, as well as Shutdown and Turnaround management.
The IPS Group's catalyst team specializes in project-oriented catalyst handling. Since catalyst change-outs are considered a critical path and downtime is lost revenue, The IPS Group provides advanced planning, specialized equipment, and personnel specifically trained for confined space entry and the handling of hazardous materials. We allow our customers to get back to production as quickly as possible with predictable and reliable results.
Each service is customized to solve a specific client problem. We plan and estimate the project, gaining a detailed understanding of the work scope and critical path. As part of quality planning, specific inspection and test plans are established, and detailed hazard analysis assessments are completed to maximize safety.
Due to the efficient approach of our integrated, multi-skilled teams, downtime is minimized; achieving significant savings for clients. After each project is completed, we conduct a thorough debriefing to identify further improvements, cost savings, and best practices.
The ITCS name stands for quality and technical expertise.
ITCS offers Safe and Simple Catalyst Sampling for Catalyst Conditions. There are a few reasons for catalyst sampling and analysis:
- Process Optimization – typically chloride on catalyst which allows optimization of the water/chloride balance in the unit
- Contaminant detection – contaminants such as carbon, sulfur, and metals can be detected and process or pretreatments changes can be initiated
- Catalyst Regeneration – parameters such as carbon, sulfur, surface area, and platinum distribution can indicate needs for regeneration and/or the effectiveness of catalyst regeneration procedures
- Trouble shooting
Key benefits of sampling catalyst condition are:
- Maximum process yields
- Long catalyst cycle lengths
- Minimum regeneration downtime
- Long ultimate catalyst life and low catalyst costs Catalyst Sampling
Catalyst projects offered
- Services in inert and toxic atmospheres, plus hot and hostile environments
- Catalyst loading of reactors and vessels using licensed Dense Loading processes
- Catalyst loading of tubular reactors using the UNIDENSE™ loading process
- Unloading and loading of catalyst under inert or normal atmospheres
- Dense phase loading of vertical and horizontal vessels, allowing for the transfer of catalyst directly from grade to reactor manway without the use of Cranes and Hoppers
- Catalyst screening, density grading, and oxidization
- Vacuum unloading with closed loop nitrogen re-circulation
- Catalyst transportation, storage, and containment (UN approved containers)
- Pre-commissioning of reactors and vessels
- Metals reclamation and disposal of materials
- Catalyst sampling and particle measurement
- Video inspection and assessment
- Shutdown planning, coordination, and execution